Cornices are the covings installed at ceilings of the room and at the top of the pillars as well. There are many suppliers of cornices around the market offering different types of cornices at an affordable price range. Almost all the workers related to construction will know the installation of cornices. Other than these there are some special cornice installation services available around the market who can install the cornices easily, charging reasonable prices. There are many services available in the market, but before you assign them the work, you must tell them about bold or intricate designs and floral patterns that they need to install. Plaster of Paris and the chiseled outlook given to the cornices look better than the normal faded varieties. Otherwise, they can take help of Cornice Installation service for better installation. There are many firms offering special installation services for installing cornices. One can choose these services and can pay them accordingly.
Tools Required for Cornice Installation
These are some main tools required for cornice installation. Before starting the installation process, make sure that all the required tools are present or not.
- Saw – for cutting cornices.
- Mitre box – for cutting the joints properly.
- A sponge or clean cloth.
- Putty Knife
- Measuring tape
How to Install Cornices Properly?
- Before starting the process, assemble all the required tools at one place. Now make sure that the surface where cornices are to be installed is clean and dry.
- If not, clean the surface using sponge or clean cloth. Make sure that it is dust free.
- Measuring the area is very important before the installation of the cornice, and then they have to be cut with the saw.
How to use the Adhesive During Installation?
You can take the adhesive spreader and apply the adhesive at the back of the design that is to be used. Until and unless the adhesive is dry you should not install the light fittings around the corniced rose or the plastered designs on the ceilings. By keeping marks before installation, it will become easy to install without any misplacements. Now apply adhesive on the back of cornice from top to bottom and even at the joint ends.
Removing Gaps in the Wall and Wiping out the excessive Adhesive:
- Make sure that there is no gap in between wall and cornice. If found, place additional adhesive and press it against the wall to fill the gap completely.
- Now remove the excessive adhesive using putty knife.
- Wipe the excess adhesive from the cornice and make sure that it is pressed properly.
- Now follow the same process for remaining cornices and place each of them side by side with the help of adhesive.
- Remove excessive adhesive as soon as you place the cornices against the wall.
- Finally clean the surface of cornices with a clean cloth ensuring that no adhesive is left on them.
- At last, paint this cornice with an acrylic water proof paint to give it an extraordinary look. Use of acrylic paint will protect the cornices from water and other damage.
By following these steps, one can easily install cornices to a ceiling. If not, one can assist a Cornice Installation service easily by browsing online or visiting offline. Today there are many cornice websites offering installation service, along with cornices. One can select or customize the required cornice from them and can use their cornice installation service for installing these. There are many services, and you can ask them for their past work samples and also consult your friends and relatives to get an idea about the price quoted by the cornice and plaster installation service.