Having a blockage in the pipes in your home or office can be annoying, but they can be avoided if you know the common reasons for the problem. Also, you should make sure that you know how you can prevent the problem from occurring, which would need the help of the experts in blocked drain repair and service. Here are a few of the most common reasons that this problem happens and a few methods that you can follow to keep your drains in proper condition.
What can be the Common Causes of Blocked Drains?
One of the things that you should know about blocked drain repair and service is some of the most common causes that require expert help. These include:
- Hair – This is one of the major culprits when it comes to pipe problems since it binds to sticky substances and great that can form clogs. It is mandatory for the homeowners to get a separate dustbin in the bathroom, for the disposal of the hair strands. Otherwise, they can block the drain very fast.
- Soap – You might not think about soap creating clogs in your pipes, but it does since the traditional bars are made using fat or grease. This mixes with the minerals that are in the water to create hard residue or soap scum that can stain the fittings and clog the pipes.
- Dirt – When you wash your body or your clothing the dirt that is coming off is going into the pipes. This can cause problems inside the pipes if you don’t wipe off the excess before you start to wash them.
Food Item Remnants and Small Objects can also Block the Smooth Flow of Water into the Drains:
- Food remnants – You shouldn’t ever let remnants of food go down the drain of the sink, especially the items that won’t break down like coffee grounds and tea leaves and grease which solidify with time and create more problems.
- The buildup of minerals – When minerals dissolve in the hard water they can create masses that are insoluble and can block the pipes.
- Small objects – There are times when small items and objects can fall into the drain and cause major problems with the pipes. Make sure that you aren’t allowing anything but human waste, toilet paper, and water to go down the drain. Little children sometimes also throw toys or plastic objects inside the toilet commodes which makes it difficult for homeowners to flush out the object.
- The buildup of toilet paper – After a time if you use too much toilet paper it can build up and prevent the toilet from being able to flush. If this happens, then you need to be blocked drain repair and service to help solve the problem.
These are just a few of the main causes that end up with you needing the assistance of the experts for blocked drain repair and service.
Make sure that if you don’t want to call the experts in for blocked drain repair and service that you know how to prevent the problems. One of the main ones is to ensure that items that shouldn’t be going down the pipes aren’t, such as food particles, small objects and more.
You should be aware of the main reasons that you need blocked drain repair and service and how you can prevent it. Ensure that you aren’t allowing anything that shouldn’t go down the pipes go down, such as food, grease oil and more. You should also be very careful about what you are using in the home in terms of soap and the amount of toilet paper that you are flushing down the toilet.