Commercial stainless steel sinks are one of the best options for kitchens that work on a professional basis like that of a hotel or even café, restaurant, etc. There is no doubt that stainless steel is surely one of the most viable materials available for the same. Lot of companies make use of commercial steel sinks, where washing and cleaning many utensils are done. These large steel sinks are also used to wash fish and meats, especially in restaurants and eateries.
Advantages of stainless steel sinks:
- Corrosion Free
As compared to materials like aluminium and even iron, stainless steel is rather corrosion free. This gives you the dual benefit of having a place that is not really fussy to clean and maintain. The material is rust and corrosion free and hence it becomes easier to maintain this in the long run. With a commercial kitchen, you always want to make sure that the place is spice and span for regular maintenance or surveys from food departments. Hence, commercial stainless steel sinks are a more viable option.
There is always a comparison that one should use stone instead of using steel for a commercial kitchen. But again, there are a lot of factors that come into play here. These steel sinks are more durable than the stone or the porcelain ones, as they do not break even when utensils are dropped in there. In such cases, the damage caused to the stone sinks is often permanent. But on the other hand, commercial stainless steel sinks don’t really have the issue of chipping off. They are much easier to maintain and work in the long run. Since they are sturdier, they last for years without much of fuss.
- Easier to clean
In most commercial kitchens, there is a lot of emphasis given on the cleaning aspect. In this context, one may find that the commercial stainless steel sinks are really not that difficult to maintain.
- For instance, if you are using black granite or marble in the kitchen sink there is always the risk of water marks staying behind, the dirtier portions not being visible that clearly.
- On the other hand, with the ones that are made of steel, clarity prevents dirt from sticking around. In this case, you just need some soap and water to clean the sink and you are sorted.
- It is also quite compatible with different kinds of chemicals and solvents used for cleaning commercial kitchens. Sometimes, because of the use of too many fatty foods like red meats, grease tends to set on the sink and this is much easier to clean using commercial stainless steel sinks rather than the regular ones.
- There is no doubt that kitchen sinks made using steel are more durable and long-lasting. But they may workout to be more expensive. But for commercial enterprises, these are a more suitable option since they tend to last for years. So instead of getting new sinks installed every other year, you are saving yourself the time and hassle. Doing so means that you are actually saving more on costs.
- There are special deals available for commercial stainless steel sinks that makes them become more viable. Also, there are customized options available that you can just buy ready made and get it fit. These special sinks are customized to suit the needs for commercial kitchens, which makes cleaning utensils and other heavier vessels a much easier task.
And most importantly, most it is vital to keep in mind that the stainless steel version is in sync with other functionalities of the kitchen and also the decorative value.
So if you are looking for a sink, commercial stainless steel sinks sure make sense for such kitchens.