A considerable portion of our lives, say a one-third, is spent in bed and so it is very important to choose your bed mattress wisely. Most of us know that having a comfortable bed waiting for us at home when we get back from work tired is a great feeling. A good night’s sleep means waking up all energized and as a consequence a more productive day. Since the mattress is so significant in our lives, paying a little extra attention while buying a bed mattress makes sense.
Here are a few tips to help you buy the right mattress for your bed –
- Quality: Quality of the mattress is extremely important since bed mattress is not something that you will change frequently and a good quality, trusty one will last you for a few years at the least. Mattresses from reputed brands come with a quality guarantee to give you complete peace of mind. The mattress core, the quilting, the overall look and feel of the mattress is very important for that optimum comfort level.
- Value for money: Mattresses are available in all ranges. The price of a good quality branded bed mattress can run into thousands. So, decide on your budget and spend wisely. Make sure what you are buying is worth the price and comes with a proper comfort guarantee. Keeping your budget on a slightly higher side is not a bad idea since you will not be purchasing a mattress every year. A good quality mattress that justifies its price is considered as value for money and it is an important factor to consider while buying your bed mattress.
- Place of purchase: Where you purchase your bed mattress from is something that matters a lot. Reputed stores that specialize in selling good quality mattresses are where you should head to. These stores have a variety of options to choose from, have proper refund/ exchange policies in place and their team of experts ensure you buy a mattress that suits all your needs.
- Medical needs: If you have a health condition that requires you to sleep in a particular posture, you may want to make sure that you buy the right mattress that offers you optimum comfort. For instance, some mattresses can make your back or neck pain worse. In fact, many get severe backache from sleeping on spring mattresses as these are soft and therefore prefer a firm mattress. On the other hand, some may feel firm mattresses are not as comfortable as the squishy kinds. Thus, it is a matter of personal preference.Seeking advice of your doctor on this sometimes may be of great help. Sometimes, the doctor may advise you to invest in an adjustable bed that enables you to elevate your head and neck for that extra support. Special mattresses are available for such adjustable beds.
- Comfort test: Yes you heard it right! Take a comfort test. It may sound silly but lying down on the mattress you are planning to buy for at least ten minutes will give you a proper idea if the mattress is actually comfortable for you or not. The comfort test is in fact the best way to decide on the right bed mattress since there is actually no scientific way to tell if or not a certain mattress is right for you.
These are just some of the factors that will help you decide on the perfect bed mattress. So, research thoroughly and check all the options before settling on your choice. Once you have brought home your mattress, make sure that you also invest in a waterproof mattress protector to protect it from spillages and ensure it lasts you at least for a few years.